Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fall Flowers



Time for Fall planting! We spent Sunday working on yard and porch. These beautiful pansies are in my large planter; I plan to get a decent (for me) picture of the finished product soon. In my strawberry pots are some lovely variegated snapdragons and ivy.
We're trying lettuce from seed in the garden. It may be a bit late to set out seed, but since this summer is never-ending I suspect the baby plants will have time to get going before a hard freeze. It is over 90 again today, for the 90th or so time in 2007. I suspect we're feeling the inverse of people in the north who are frozen solid for a quarter of the year. I'm definitely ready for cooler weather!
On the knitting front, I'm still working on the Monkey socks. I started the button band on the Sesame Sweater over the weekend. Picking up 140 stitches was certainly not my idea of fun. I need to practice buttonholes before I tackle the other side and the buttonhole band. Not to mention actually buying the buttons.
Books - well, instead of reading anything on the TBR or the alarming number of library holds that seen to come in all at once, I've spent the last few days revisiting Bujold and Miles Vorkosigan. Must begin work on the stack that will be recalled to the library soon!

No comments: